Besides ensuring the teacher can see a dancer’s alignment and posture, a dress code also enforces a certain discipline needed to focus and help achieve a dancers goal. A dress code makes a dancer feel “included” and helps experiencing a unity in class.
· Hair must be worn in a secure bun or pulled back in to a ponytail (out of the face)
· No jewelry during classes
· Black leotard or biketard
· Tan color tights
· Pink ballet slippers for Ballet
· Black Jazz Shoes for Jazz and Musical Theater
NOTE: The MDC Competition team may be required to wear half shoes or lyrical shoes. Please check with your teacher.